How Much Do Ward 18 Councillors Cost Us?
City Hall website has expense reports online for all councillors. To view at this link
Of peculiar interest is that Ana Bailao expensed $1022.40 for Christmas cards on Dec 31, 2010. Peculiar because there was some (valid) outrage at her predecessor, Adam Giambrone, doing the same when he knew he was leaving office.
So far Ana's expensing pales in comparison to big spender Adam Giambrone: (2010 filing)
These are just a few (low) highlights...
* $1,559.40 for Christmas cards July 7, 2010 (Note: TTC paid 50% of this expense, does not include postage later expensed)
* $35.62 ??? Christmas cards- cutting July 30,2010
* $236.25 to print 50 copies of Dyan Marie's Bloor Magazine July 22, 2010
* $2,299.50 French training
* $ 150 Gala Ticket for Abrigo
* $30 for Dream Team fundraiser
* $60 Ticket for Chilean Relief Fundraiser
* $500 donation to GTA Canadian Italian Youth
* $50 Ticket to Sri Lankan gala
* $125 Ticket Portugese Gala Dinner
* $ 4.90 Office supplies Grand and Tory
* $23.19 Toronto Life magazine subscription
* $1,050.56 almost all spent on taxis
* $1,175 for gardening services at constituency office, expensed in October, 2010
.... Has anyone looked at his constituency office? Outside is about a 6x6 foot area, mostly gravel, with a small bench and some ratty looking weeds.
Also of interest is the geographic locations of services chosen. Adam picked:
Zap Courier 400 Creditstone On L4K 3Z3
Reliable Flyer Distribution Services 66 Laird Drive
Media Works (to print newsletters) 2010 ellesmere Rd Scarborough
Imperial Graphics (Christmas cards) 30 Eastern Avenue
.... Shouldn't a local councillor shop locally?
Here are Adam Giambrone's 2010 expenses: Amounts shown are net of GST.
Staff Salaries & Benefits Budget Overage $ 0.00
Office Equipment and Supplies $ 804.32 Invoices
Transportation, Kilometrage & Parking $ 1,050.56 Invoices
Printing, Postage & Courier $ 14,340.29 Invoices
Telecom Services $ 0.00
Constituency & Business Meeting $ 158.95 Invoices
City Hall/Civic Centre Rent & Constituency Office Expenses $ 11,114.84 Invoices
Advertising & Promotion $ 500.77 Invoices
Professional & Technical Services $ 1,359.76 Invoices
Office Travel $ 9,686.29 Invoices
Other Expenses $ 9,846.00 Invoices
Donations Received for Community Events $ 0.00
Other Recoveries $ -2,876.70 Invoices
Expense Using Personal Funds $ 0.00
NOTE: This does NOT include anything Adam expensed via the TTC ! Odds are that Adam was the biggest spender on city council.
City hall policies on Councillor expense is HERE
During his last four months in office, ex-TTC chairman Adam Giambrone spent an obscene $9,307.08 jetting around the world attending seemingly obscure transit conferences....Giambrone ran up $135,504 tab before quitting TTC
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Councillor Expense Reports
Posted by Ken Wood, Ward 18 Davenport at 10:27 AM
Labels: Ana Bailao, budget, Giambrone